Friday, February 25, 2011

First Offline Client!!!!

YEAH BABY!!!

Today I booked my first offline client!! It was not easy though multiple reschedules and various other things that happen almost made me give up. But I didn't....

I was suppose to have a meeting with her today. by the way she is a wedding planner. But she called me and tried to reschedule once again. So I had to pull out the big guns to get her to come to me!

Earlier in the week I decided to get a mock-up of a brand new site done for her. I looked at her website and seen that it was not very pretty and she might need to do a new website. So I had my designer do a mock-up that is formatted for wordpress.

Since she called and rescheduled again I decided to water mark the mock-up and send it to her. I was waiting to meet her face to face to show her the design but I said what the heck what could it hurt and emailed it to her anyway.

As soon as I push the SEND BUTTON she was calling on my iPhone. I was stunned....anyway when I answered she just was gushing over the new design. She basically said ok im sold tell me how much?

I told her that it would be a one time fee for $950 then $375 per month for ongoing SEO. She gave me the spiel about how money is tight and this and that. She said that she would hang up and thank about it. So about 5 mins later she called me and said lets do it!

She said that she will pay Monday but send her the PayPal info and the contract. I was so shocked I almost dropped the phone. This was the quickest money I ever made (besides selling some sites on flippa) and I never even met this person.

Now I have the confidence to approach other business owners and closing even more deals.

I think the key item to really closing her was the mock-up. So now im thinking about calling businesses with terrible website and telling them I will design a website for them and if they like it they can pay for it if they don't like it they pay nothing.

I know its kind of risky because I am paying up-front for the design to get done and there maybe a chance that they wont buy it but hey im gonna try it anyway. I figure the worst case scenario I can just add the site to my portfolio. Best case scenario im up $1,000.

Have you guys started any offline work??

Race

2 comments:

  1. Great job! Been following you for a few days, I'm glad to see results.

    Been thinking of doing something similar, very intimidated though as I'm not skilled in the web design arena. It's good to see your success!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks BRO!..

    The crazy thing about this is I do not know how to design a site either. I outsourced the entire project.

    There are plenty of ppl in the for hire section on WF that can do this for you.

    ReplyDelete